NDW Logo Architecture Design-Build

Home Page


Contact NDW

Marquette and Western Railroad Negaunee Depot
420 Rail Street, Negaunee, Michigan

Early Twentieth Century Photo of Depot Early twentieth century photograph of Michigan State Police in front of the depot.

Northern Design Works office is in the former Marquette and Western Railroad Negaunee depot. We are in the process of on-going restoration of the building as we use it as our offices. The building was originally constructed in 1884 as a combined freight and passenger depot. After the brick passenger station across Gold Street was constructed in 1910 the building continued in use as a freight depot until 1965 when the railroad discontinued depot service in Negaunee. As railroads merged over the years the depot served the Marquette, Houghton and Ontonagon Railroad, the Duluth, South Shore and Atlantic Railway, and the Soo Line. The depot was placed on the National Park Service's National Register of Historic Places in 2008. A copy of the NRHP registration form is available below with a detailed description and history of the building.

M and W Railroad Negaunee Depot NRHP registration form

October 1968 photo of depot October 1968 photograph of the depot. (From the Perron Collection at the Peter White Public Library)
Depot photo October 2010 October 2010 photograph of the depot.

© Copyright 2014 -- Northern Design Works PLLC